Sunday 3 February 2013

A Tiny Finished Bathroom


I very glad to announce I have finally finished the bathroom in the American house. After the colour debarcle (my first attempt), I settled on grey blue panelling and yellow wallpaper patterned with blue and maroon florets. 


The colours complimented each other quite well and also picked up the colours in the floor. 



The overall effect is probably a bit riotous, but then it is a Victorian house!


Fitting the threshold floor boards was a challenge - I also had to french polish this little piece separately too so it matched the floor. 


I also had to make some paint touch ups.


I bought a Chrysnbon bathroom kit a few weeks ago, and Mum and I put it together for the bathroom. 


I love Chrysnbon kits because of their detail - and was particularly inspired by this post by  Otterine.com (which is one of my favourite blogs). 




I considered many different positions for the bathroom units, but finally settled on this (believe me, this was not a decision I took lightly!). 


The toilet looks swell from the hallway.


I also finished the hallway this weekend too. This means that the entire interior of the American house is finished. 




I also added a newly made fern (posts with details of said fern's construction to follow). This turned out to be a nice touch. 


The duck I happily discovered in a long neglected drawer seems to enjoy its new home.






I am happy now with the overall impression of the attic. 

21 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job. It looks great! I really like the colors you chose for the floor, the panels and the wallpaper.They really match so well.
    I bet you're very happy with the final ambiance. The fern on the stool really adds the final touch.
    Have a great day,
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrick! I was unsure about the colour scheme at first - but once the bathroom went in it looked better.

      Emily

      Delete
  2. "Riotous"? Hardly - the blue tempers the yellow nicely. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I'm glad you liked it. It was a hard choice - took about 20 minutes staring at different papers in the miniatures shop to decide!

      Delete
  3. Your bathroom looks wonderful! The colors looks great together, and I love the fern and duck, they add a nice homey touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elga, I am also looking for a toilet roll too to complete the look!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful all around! The blue really sets it apart! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! glad you like the bathroom! I was inspired by your beautiful haunted house , thanks for following, I am a big fan!

      Delete
  5. I like the interior of your house a lot! Lovely colours , beautiful wallpapers. Now you can start filling the house with minatures! I'm already fond of the duck in the bathroom! Liduina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you like the duck! Oh yes, I am very much looking forward to it, I think it might be the best part!

      Delete
  6. I love your chosen colours. The wallpaper and floor, very Victorian! The fern is a lovely touch! Off topic but regarding the mysterious Charlotte Hunt, you might consult Lesley Shepherd from About.com. There is not much she does not know when it comes to miniatures and miniaturists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucille, thank you very much! Yes the mystery continues, thanks for the tip, I will go and check it out.

      Delete
  7. That is just lovely, great colours and it all works wonderfully well together. The duck is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Idske! Yes, I got a bit carried away taking pictures of the duck! I think I have ten more on my camera!

      Delete
  8. WOW, you have made a lot of progress since I visited your blog lately. The bathroom is a dream, so neat and the color scheme is fantastic, love it! That little duckie, so cute and the fern is a great addition! Fantastic work, my compliments.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Emily,
    Fantastic work. i lvoe the bathroom. the color scheme is perfectly victorian and absolutley charming! also, you chose the perfect layout for the fistures. It looks wonderful!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is not as grand as yours, but thank you very much! I was quite please with how the colours turned out too!

      Delete
  10. The bathroom looks great and your wallpaper works really well with your chosen paint colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene!

      I have seen the lovely bathroom in Hambleton Hall and it is wonderful. I hope to be able to collect some more accessories for the bathroom like you have done!

      Emily

      Delete
  11. Hello!
    My name is Elizabeth, and I'm a journalist at Columbia News Service, a news service distributed via the New York Times wire. I'm writing a piece on designers of period dollhouses, and I was wondering if you might possibly be willing to speak with me about your dollhouse renovation work? I've been through your blog, and would absolutely love the opportunity to talk to you about your refurbished dollhouses. I'm based in New York, but could arrange a time to speak by phone entirely at your convenience - if possible, could you contact me at elizabethcbarber@gmail.com? Thank you so much! I hope all is well with you, and all the best in your work!
    Best,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete